Entries For: October 2008
Racing's like a yo-yo at the moment - up one week, down the other
My racing over the past month has had more ups and downs than the stock market. Here's a summary of the first months racing.
1. Round 1 Summer Sprint Series - Good. Qualified in A-grade for the first time and wasn't disgraced. Won a race, close second in another. Can do better
2. Tuesday night at DISC#1 - Bad. Struggled to finish a race.
3. Tuesday night at DISC#2 - Very Good. Third in the scratch, second in the points and I win the motorpace easily.
4. Saturday at Blackburn - Very Bad. Started in A grade (what a joke!). Finished in B grade or should I say couldn't finish a race in B grade
5. Tuesday at DISC#3 - Very Good. Win the motorpace again, second in scratch, third in points
6. Saturday at Blackburn - Really Bad. Today I thought I would have done better. But did even worse than last week. Time to reassess the training. I'm sick of not being competitive.
Are you dizzy yet? I am.
On the plus side I've enjoyed watching Emily have some good results. Growing in confidence at DISC and she won the handicap there on Tuesday. And today she backed it up by winning the handicap at Blackburn as well. She's building confidence, stamina and endurance to go with her speed.
Wish I could do the same....
Thank you Carl for a magnificent day
I'm sure I speak on behalf of all the competitors, helpers and spectators in thanking Carl for the amazing day yesterday. It wouldn't have happened without his vision, hard work and determination to make it the roaring success that it was.
So, even though every particle in my body hurts, thank you Carl.